Points to Note for Postal Applications
Postal Application Steps
Please make sure you read all the following before making your application.
1 Fill in the required fields in the first page of the application form.
- (1)Select your application method (Required)
- (2)Torchbearer applicant information (Required)
- (3)Emergency contact (Required)
- (4)Parent or guardian information and consent (Required for those under the age of 18 as of August 1, 2020)
- (5)Self-introduction and reason for applying (Required for self-recommendations)
- (6)Recommender information (Required for third party recommendations)
- (7)Reason for recommendation (Required for third party recommendations)
2 Fill in the required fields in the second page of the application form.
- (7)Reason for recommendation [cont.d] (Required for third party recommendations)
- (8)Uniform size for torchbearer applicant (Required)
- (9)Need for any special considerations for the torchbearer applicant (Required)
Consent Section (place a check for all items)
- Items (1), (2), (3), (8), and (9) are required. Item (4) is required if applicable. Please fill in all required fields and ensure you have left nothing out.
- You must select and fill in either (5) (Self-introduction and reason for applying) or (6) and (7) (Third party recommendation and reason for recommendation).
- “Torchbearer applicant” refers to the person who wants to run (self-recommendation) or is wanted to run (third party recommendation) as a torchbearer.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
After completing the form, carefully check that you have filled in all the fields.
3 Post the Application Form (You must remember to enclose a reply-paid postcard).
- The Recruitment Secretariat will inform you by post (postcard) once application registration is complete. You will need to include a reply-paid postcard that will be used to notify you that application registration is complete.
- Affix a stamp to the address side of the reply-paid postcard, and write your name, address, and postcode in the appropriate places. Do not write anything on the other side.
- After checking to ensure that the Application Form is completely filled in, enclose it and the reply-paid postcard in an envelope and post it to the address of the Recruitment Secretariat shown in the Application Requirements. You will need to prepare the envelope and stamp(s) yourself.
Points to note about applying via post
The Secretariat will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. As the last day for applications, February 15, is a Saturday, the Secretariat will not be open.
In addition, the telephone number for the Secretariat listed here will become unreachable on February 15. Make sure you apply in plenty of time.
Please note too that questions must be presented to the Secretariat by Friday, February 14.
- The application deadline is Saturday, February 15, 2020 (valid if postmarked on that date)
- Make sure you include both the Application Form and the reply-paid postcard in the envelope.
- Please note that you will need to pay for the postage charges and reply-paid postcard yourself.
- If there is no reply-paid postcard in your application, or if it does not have a stamp, or your address is not written on the postcard, your application will not be accepted.