Online Application Steps and Points to Note
Online Application Steps
Click “To Application Form” to start.
1 Check all nine Items of Consent
You must agree to all nine items.
Please read them carefully and add a check to the checkbox.
2 Enter your e-mail address
Enter the e-mail address you will use for this application.
The URL of your unique application form will be sent to the e-mail address you enter.
- You will also need this e-mail address to access the application form.
- Add the “@shizuoka-para.torch-runner.com” domain to the list of permitted senders. Inquire with your e-mail provider about how to add domains.
3 Access your unique application form
Open the URL sent in the e-mail and enter your e-mail address to access your unique application form.
4 Enter your application details
There are four steps to fill in, for four pages in total.
Step 1: Torchbearer Applicant Information, etc.
Step 2: Self-introduction and reason for applying or Recommender information
Step 3: Uniform size for torchbearer applicant
Step 4: Need for any special consideration for the torchbearer applicant
There is a lot to fill in, so please ensure you have plenty of time to do so.
In addition, for applications via third party recommendation, you will have to enter information about the person you are recommending and why in Step 2.
We suggest you prepare the following ahead of time.
- Relationship to torchbearer applicant
- Name of recommender (individual or group)
- E-mail address of recommender (optional)
- Occupation of recommender
- Telephone number of recommender
- Address of school or workplace of recommender
- Reason for recommendation (approx. 220 words)
- “Torchbearer applicant” refers to the person who wants to run (self-recommendation) or is wanted to run (third party recommendation) as a torchbearer.
Once you fill in every item on a page, you can save it and return to fill in the rest at a later time.
To return to the form, you will need to access it from the URL shown in the e-mail you were sent.
Incomplete forms will be saved for a period of 30 days.
- Pages that have missing entries cannot be saved.
- You can amend the details at any point before finalizing your application.
5 Check the application details and apply
Once you have filled in all the fields, click the “Apply with this content” button.
An Application Complete e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you initially entered.
This completes your application.
- You cannot change your application details after this point.
Other points to note about applying online
The Secretariat will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. As the last day for applications, February 15, is a Saturday, the Secretariat will not be open.
In addition, the telephone number for the Secretariat listed here will become unreachable on February 15. Make sure you apply in plenty of time.
Please note too that questions must be presented to the Secretariat by Friday, February 14.
The application deadline is 23:59 on Saturday February 15, 2020.
If applying from overseas
If the e-mail does not arrive
- Wrong domain. For example: “@shizuoka.co.jp” and “@shizuoka.ne.jp
- Confusing a dot (.) with a comma (,)
- Confusing a hyphen (-) with an underscore (_)
- The e-mail may have been accidentally classified as spam and rejected (check with your e-mail provider)
If you have reception restrictions in place, you will not be able to receive e-mails from us. Please set your e-mail system to allow e-mails from the “@shizuoka-para.torch-runner.com” domain.
*Refer to the website of your mobile phone carrier for how to change permissions.
Browsers: Latest editions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge; or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0 or higher.
OS: iOS 11 or higher, Android 6.0 or higher
Browsers: The standard included browser